£26000 - £35000 per annum + + working away payments & OT
Rochdale, England, North West
Panel Wirer (Includes work overseas)
Kinetic Skills & Trades are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced a Panel Wirer for a permanent position based in North Manchester.
Our client is a manufacturer of high specification & new build packaging machinery. For the first 12 months you will be based mainly on site.
Following this period, there will be a requirement to work away around the world to carry out installation and commissioning of machinery, so please bear this in mind when applying.
Basic salary is £26,000 per annum but ability to earn 35-40k+ with overtime and working away payments. On average you would go away 3-4 times a year for approximately 2-4 weeks at a time.
There is overtime available at time and one half with working away payments of £190-225/day for weekend and £57 in the week.
Core hours: 07:30 - 16:00, 15:00 on Friday. Half an hour for lunch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for control panel wiring & wiring interconnections between panels and electric motors.
* Working to detailed drawings and schematics.
* Wiring 3 phase motors connecting mains power to test machines & carrying out modifications to control panels from schematic drawings
* Wiring switches and gauges.
* Running cable and fitting cable tray conduit and trunking and other various fitting duties.
Essential Skills and attributes:
* Leads by example.
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both internally and externally.
* Able to interact personably with customers.
* Has good time management capabilities.
* Able to develop and maintain, mutually beneficial relationships with team members and colleagues.
* Demonstrates flexibility in order to address business needs.
Education and experience:
* Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering
* BTEC, ONC or equivalent
* Computer literate in Microsoft applications
* Panel wiring
* Cable management and termination
* Good communication skills at all levels, verbal and written.
* Willing to work as full, supportive team member.
* A strong improvement mind-set who is comfortable with continuous improvement
* Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards.
* A strong sense of problem/solution ownership.
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-established company that are very stable and a leader in their field.
If you feel you are well suited to the Panel Wirer position, please apply with your full updated CV. We will need at least one recent verbal reference before placing you out to work.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 35 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.