£26000 - £35000 per annum + working away payments, OT
Rochdale, England, North West
Kinetic Skills & Trades are currently recruiting for qualified and experienced Mechanical Fitters/Engineers for permanent positions based in North Manchester. There will also be some overseas travel involved with this position 3-4 times a year.
Our client is a manufacturer of high specification & new build packaging machinery. For the first 6-12 months you will be based mainly on site. Following this period, there will be a requirement to work away around the world to carry out installation and commissioning of machinery, so please bear this in mind when applying.
Key functions of this position include but are not restricted to, mechanical build, strip and assembly of capital machinery.
Basic salary is £26,000 per annum but ability to earn 35-40k+ with overtime and working away payments. On average you would go away 3-4 times a year for approximately 2-4 weeks at a time.
Hourly rates will be from £12.84/hr PAYE. Overtime available at time and one half working 39 hours per week along with working away payments of £190-225/day for weekend and £57 in the week. Core hours: 07:30 - 16:00, 15:00 on Friday. Half an hour for lunch.
Job Duties, Qualification, Knowledge, Skill, Aptitude, Experience Required include:
* Health and Safety checks of tools, equipment and PPE.
* Assembling of machined parts.
* Installing of mechanically involved components.
* Drilling and tapping of holes in many different types of materials.
* Fitting of bearings, seals and 'O' rings.
* Alignment of pulley's, shafts and rollers.
* Levelling of vessels, mechanisms and pumps groups.
* Installation of completed machine on customers site.
* Filing and documenting of controlled Technical drawings and Bill of Materials.
* Working to and from schematics.
* Assembly and installation of pneumatic and hydraulic pipework and fittings.
* Time served - recognised apprenticeship.
* Read/understand mechanical assembly drawings.
* Flexible approach to working hours.
* Continually self-appraise on current and developing H&S Regulations.
* ONC level qualified engineer in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
* Vacuum system experience.
* Web handling experience.
* Pneumatic, hydraulic & other mechanical systems.
* Working to tight tolerances.
* Installation of bearings and various seals.
* Good communication skills at all levels, verbal and written.
* Willing to work as full, supportive team member.
* A strong improvement mind-set who is comfortable with continuous improvement
* Self-motivated with a desire to achieve high standards.
* A strong sense of problem/solution ownership.
If you feel you are well suited to the Mechanical Fitters position, please apply with your full updated CV. We will need at least one recent verbal reference before placing you out to work.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 35 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.