Up to £14.23 per hour + + OT @ T1/2
Handforth, England, North West
Our client, a large scale & well established manufacturing company in the South East Manchester/Cheshire area, are looking for a number of Machinists to work in the Finishing Department.
This person will read engineering drawings & carry out drilling, marking out, tapping and deburring, amongst other duties.
The roles will be commutable from;
* Wythenshawe, Wilmslow, Stockport, Macclesfield, New Mills, Whaley Bridge, Bollington, Hazel Grove, Handforth, Cheadle and other areas of South Manchester/Cheshire.
* Positions will initially last for 6 months and will pay £14.23/hr PAYE & Overtime available at Time ½.
* All work will be on days working Monday to Friday and working a 40 hours week, with an unpaid 30 minute lunch.
* During the 6 months, you will be assessed with a potential for something more permanent after this time. However, this is not guaranteed & will be dependent on performance, attendance and work levels at that time.
Please APPLY if this sounds of interest and you have experience listed below.
* You will read engineering drawings, then measure and mark out positions to be machined.
* Use a variety of machines including powered and non-powered hand tools.
* Check machined parts geometrically and visually to comply with quality standards according to the requirements stated on the engineering drawings.
* Use pillar drills, mark out, tapping, marking out.
General Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
* To adhere to all company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* To complete allocated work to the company approved quality standard.
* To adhere to all departmental agreed procedures and tasks.
* Ensure all PPE is worn and used as instructed by the 'Risk Assessments' and 'Standard Operating Procedures' provided by the company.
* Ensure working area and equipment to be used is clean, safe and in good condition.
* Ensure all daily safety and maintenance checks have been completed.
* Lease with leadership on production efficiencies to achieve on time delivery.
* Ensure geometric and visual quality standards are maintained.
* Read and understand engineering drawings.
* Measure and mark parts according to the engineering drawing.
* Select and use appropriate machining method and equipment.
* Remove all sharp edges from components.
* To be able to stand for long periods of time.
* To be able to work with a variety of materials such as but not limited to, Stainless Steels, Aluminium's and Acetals.
* To be able to pick materials or parts from the ground.
* To be able to lean, reach and stretch.
* To be able to work with cutting fluids such as but not limited to, coolant, grease & oil.
* To be able to work with hand tools that vibrate.
If you feel you are well suited to the Machinist position, please apply with your full updated CV. We will need at least one recent verbal reference before placing you out to work.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 40 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.