£45000 - £47500 per annum
Stalybridge, England, North West
Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client, based in the East Manchester area, require a Senior Design Engineer paying up to £47,500 per annum.
Our client are looking for someone with pressurized equipment design experience (backed up by basic hand calculations) & some pressure test experience.
Knowledge of working with high pressure components for the oil and gas sector would be beneficial, having worked with some form of Instrumentation.
The successful Design Engineer will be involved in creating new product designs using
Autodesk Inventor & Vault software packages.
We are looking for an individual with a good working knowledge of medium/high pressure equipment and a good understanding of fluid handling systems. An understanding of PED, FEA, FMEA and ATEX principles would also be beneficial.
* Ideally mechanical Engineering degree.
* Minimum of 5 years mechanical design experience, ideally in a pressure-related industry.
* Good knowledge and understanding of pressure equipment operation and functionality.
* Experienced in Autodesk Inventor.
* Ability to create 2D drawings from models and verify design by calculations.
* Understand various material properties, with ability to recognise potential suitability.
* Experience of developing designs for CNC machining and assembly.
* Knowledge of fluid dynamics and stress calculations on components under pressure.
* Analytical with an enquiring mind, with the ability to find solutions to problems.
* Able to work independently and to manage several tasks at once.
* An interest in research and development, and in ensuring that products meet with customers' expectations.
If you feel you are well suited to the Design Engineer position, please apply with your full updated CV. We will need at least one recent verbal reference before placing you out to work.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 35 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.