Up to £14.23 per hour + + OT at T1/2
Handforth, England, North West
Our client, a large scale & well established manufacturing company in the South East Manchester/Cheshire area, are looking for a number of CNC Operators (Turners & Millers) for immediate start.
The roles will be commutable from;
* Wythenshawe, Wilmslow, Stockport, Macclesfield, New Mills, Whaley Bridge, Bollington, Hazel Grove, Handforth, Cheadle and other areas of South Manchester/Cheshire.
* Positions will initially last for 6 months and pay £14.23/hr PAYE. Overtime available at Time ½.
* All work will be on days working Monday to Friday and working a 40 hours week, with an unpaid 30 minute lunch.
* During the 6 months, you will be assessed with a potential for something more permanent after this time. However, this is not guaranteed & will be dependent on performance, attendance and work levels at that time.
Please APPLY if you are familiar with operating CNC Mills or Lathes and happy with the duties listed below.
* Load components into the CNC Milling machine or load bar or billets safely into the CNC Lathe.
* Set & operate CNC Mills or Lathes as per offline programming instructions.
* Load tools safely into the CNC machine and input correct geometry.
* Measure specified dimensions before removing part from the CNC machine.
* Able to understand and work with basic engineering drawings.
* Ensure all PPE is worn and used as instructed by the 'Risk Assessments' and 'Standard Operating Procedures' provided by the company
* Ensure working area and equipment to be used is clean, safe and in good condition
* Ensure all daily safety and maintenance checks have been completed
* Ensure geometric and visual quality standards are maintained
* Remove any sharp edges from components
* Mark the part with any identification required for traceability
* Any other reasonable requests as they arise within manufacturing
* To be able to stand for long periods of time.
* To be able to work with a variety of materials such as but not limited to, Stainless Steels, Aluminium's and Acetals.
* To be able to pick materials or parts from the ground.
* To be able to lean, reach and stretch.
* To be able to work with cutting fluids such as but not limited to, coolant, grease & oil.
* To be able to work with hand tools that vibrate.
* To always work in a safe and controlled manner.
* To see and highlight quality deviations.
* To see and highlight opportunities for improvement.
* To actively encourage 'Teamwork'.
* To maintain a clean and organised working environment.
If you feel you are well suited to the CNC Operator positions, please apply with your full updated CV. We will need at least one recent written/verbal reference before placing you out to work.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 40 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.