£31000 - £34000 per annum + 36hols,pension,OT,shifts flexi,life assura
Keighley, England, Yorkshire & The Humber
Electro Mechanical Service Engineer
Electro Mechanical Service Engineer & Inspector required to work in Machine Shop of an established precision engineering group offering excellent holidays of 36 days, awesome Pension (upto 12.5% shared contributions) Health packages, Life assurance (5x salary) Subsidised canteen, Free secure parking, High Street discount benefits, sickness benefits, other great paid leave options (maternity, paternity, adoption etc)
Electro Mechanical Service Engineer & Inspector role responsibilities:
Test and adjust fully assembled machine from 'power up' to product leaving the premise to end customer. Attend customer site to install and carry out electrical and mechanical service duties.
As a Electro Mechanical Service Engineer & Inspector your main duties:
* Complete all inspection check list, problem solve and make mechanical and program adjustments where required.
* Check machine is built to customer specifications as detailed within the Factory Order.
* Ensure final machine tool is prepared for customer demonstration.
* Carry out machine demonstrations to the customer during machine acceptance.
* Work with the engineering & build team in the completion of any internal or customer non-conformances, to support a closed loop feedback and prevent reoccurrence.
* Produce shipment list and oversee shipment from plant to customer site.
* Complete the inspection documentation and final report.
* Install, test and commission the machine on customers site dealing with non-conformances during the re-build and commissioning phase.
* Support the Service / Aftermarket departments on retools and refits where necessary.
* Undertake troubleshooting internally and on the customers site.
* Understands and works at all times in line with company policies and procedures
* Work with and Promote the 5S initiative at all times.
* Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by Line Manager or Directors.
Key skills required of the Electro Mechanical Service Engineer:
* Qualified to NVQ Level 3, HND/ HNC in Electrical Engineering or alternative required discipline.
* A relevant technical or engineering qualification in mechanical is desirable but full training will be given.
* Experienced in Soft PLC to iec61131
* Understanding of Field Bus Profinet, Profibus.
* A willingness and ability to travel for the Aftermarket/ Service departments when required
* Ability to be flexible in working time; on occasion there will be a requirement to work different shifts and overtime
* Good customer service skills with expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing and solving complex machining related problems in Automotive Industries
* Able to work under pressure either alone or as part of a team
* Computer literate and good understanding of Microsoft office, specifically outlook and word
* Able to communicate effectively both internally and externally
* Presents a positive image that reflects well on the organization
* Be confident in meeting strict project deadlines
Desirable but not essential experience:
* Prior grinding knowledge (machining) processes is highly desirable.
Early - Monday to Thursday 06:00 to 14:00, Friday 06:00 to 13:30 10% shift allowance
Mid - Monday to Thursday 12:00 to 22:00, Friday 14:00 to 24:00 20% shift allowance
Late - Monday to Thursday 14:00 to 24:00 20% shift allowance
No Nights for 3-6months but could change.
Training on Days:
Days - Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:30, Friday 07:45 to 12:30
Role: Electro Mechanical Service Engineer & Inspector
Salary: £31,000 to £34,000 (shift premiums vary see below)
Benefits include 36 Days holiday (inc bank hols) paid medical appointments pension, life assurance
Working Hours: Days/ Various shifts Available - shown below
Location: Shipley, Bingley, Keighley
Location commutable from Skipton, Keighley, Silsden, Otley, Halifax, Bingley, Shipley, Nelson, Colne, Barnoldswick, Bradford
Candidates who have worked in the following roles will be considered: Front Line Inspector, Service Engineer Inspector, Quality Inspector, Machine Tool Inspector Precision Inspector, CMM Operator, Mechanical Inspection Engineer.
If you are an experienced Electro Mechanical Service Engineer & Inspector, press APPLY now to be considered for this great opportunity with an established, global precision company.
Kinetic plc is a Recruitment Consultancy with over 40 years of experience of delivering staffing solutions to the engineering, manufacturing and technical industries.
Kinetic plc treats all applications with a high degree of care, we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.